At 2.5 miles, you will reach the Torrey Peak Junction. Search the Site. A dusting of new snow. Weather. The trail turns … From Grays Peak, there is a faint trail down the ridgeline to the saddle, and up the ridge to Torreys Peak. Summer crowds are large, but the views from the top are magnificent and the opportunity to bag two 14ers in a single day for hikers is often too good to pass up with an easy day trip from the front range cities. Weather: Sunny and Clear With the Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon just six weeks or so away, I figured it was about time to start trying to work some altitude training into my weekly routine. Local Club: … (Note: Torreys Peak is also accessible from Loveland Pass to the west. Torreys Peak lies at 14,267 and is 4.6 miles in when doing both peaks. Standing in the saddle between the peaks, looking up at Torreys. A 70-year-old man is missing in the area. It's rated Class 3 and 4. They draw not only locals, but a large number of vacationers who are determined to climb a 14er (or two) while visiting the area, as … Grays and Torreys Peaks are located in the Front Range region of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. Route: Grays and Torreys Posted On: 2020-10-14, By: 14er101 Info: Did Torreys before Grays. South Georgia and The South Sandwich Islands. Once you are done taking in the views, you have a scree-filled descent of the backside to a saddle between Grizzly and Torreys Peak. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from April until September. Weather was becoming an issue and I really wanted to bag Torreys too! This road can have variable conditions but I was able to … Site Login | Register. We have some incredible adventures! Mostly dry. Powered by the National Weather Service Digital Forecast Database. To return to the trailhead, descend to the Grays-Torreys saddle again, traverse across the North Slopes of Grays to join the Grays Peak Trail. The Torreys trail climbs 3000 feet in 3.70 miles. Trail X Factors: Two 14ers Under 10 Miles Besides the sheer beauty of the area, one of the main reasons Grays Peak and Torreys Peak are such a popular hike is the ability to summit two “14ers” in under 10 miles with relatively little elevation gain. Grays Peak, and the nearby Torreys Peak, are the two most popular 14,000-foot peaks in Colorado, especially for first-timers like us. One of the biggest obstacles to spring climbing is the unpredictable weather and snow. Planning your hike around “weather windows” … My experience of Grays and Torreys was fantastic. The Grays Peak Trail is a National Recreational Trail and part of the Continental Divide Trail. Still though, some short sections of trail can be found along the ridge which makes this route very accesible and enjoyable. Torreys Peak, is Colorado's 12th highest 14er at an elevation of *14,275 ft (4351 m), and located in the Front Range of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Kelso Ridge can be seen at the right side. Located right off I-70, these are the two most accessible 14ers to Denver. Hi/Low, RealFeel®, precip, radar, & everything you need to be ready for the day, commute, and weekend! A 71-year-old Englewood man has died while hiking a Colorado fourteener. About .8-1.7 miles into hike, this trail is gradual, making it on the easier side, and a good place to move fast on the descent. Overview; Hour by hour; Long term; Statistics; Maps; Today, Friday 16/10/2020; Time Forecast Temp. May, 2006: Torreys and Grays seen during a climb of Grizzly Peak (13,427`). If you turn right, you will be lead to the saddle between the two peaks. Though Grays Peak is little more than a massive pile of talus, Torreys is an interesting mountain that offers a variety of terrain, rugged southeast and northeast faces, and a beautiful summit perch. The trail reaches the Torreys Peak South Slope junction 2.8 miles in at 13,270. Grays Peak and Torreys Peak - Colorado 14er Dayhike - Duration: 11:00. Grays Peak (left) and Torreys Peak (right) are Colorado’s 9th and 11th highest peaks at 14,270 ft and 14,267 ft, respectively. Torreys Peak as seen from Stevens Gulch Trail. Denver/Stapleton CO weather station: 1626 m.a.s.l., 83.0 km away from Torreys Peak. Peak to peak your time should be under an hour, probably closer to 40 minutes. Visibility: Arthur's Rock Big Elk Meadows Black Canyon Blanca Peak Boulder Boulder Canyon Brainard Lake Buena Vista Canon City Capitol Peak Carbondale Carter Lake Castlewood Canyon State Park Cathedral Spires Area Clear Creek Canyon Colorado National Monument Colorado Springs Crested Butte Crestones, The Denver South Devil's Head Durango Eagle and Vail Eldorado Canyon Eldorado Mountain Elevenmile … Weather and Snow National Weather Service Forecast NOAA Snow Depth Map Lists that contain Torreys Peak: USA 48-States 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #14) Colorado 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #11) Customary Western USA Fourteeners (Rank #14) 14ers.com Colorado Fourteeners (Rank #11) United States 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #35) North America 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #56) Colorado Centennial Peaks (Top … 2.80 Junction with Torreys Trail - South Slope. Get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow's weather for Torreys, ID. table. Route Description for Grays Peak and Torreys Peak Trail The hike up Grays Peak and Torreys Peak is a great day out near Denver. Grays Peak and Torreys Peak are the 9th and 11th highest mountains in Colorado, respectively. Being prepared for the weather is so important and will determine if you are able to successfully summit a 14er. Become a ClimbingWeather.com sponsor and help the Access Fund! by on December 17, 2020 0 LikeDecember 17, 2020 0 Like Torreys Peak South Slope route leads to the west to the saddle between Grays and Torreys. Here’s a few tips and route information to help you while hiking Torreys Peak in May. Torreys Peak in particular gets a lot of visits from enthusiastic yet unprepared hikers heading up its slopes in May. 4.15 Grays - Torreys Saddle. Descend the Grays Peak Trail to the trailhead. Current climbing forecast for Torrey's Peak. Hi/Low, RealFeel®, precip, radar, & everything you need to be ready for the day, commute, and weekend! Pressure: Torreys Peak Via Kelso Ridge - Duration: 15:43. Grays Peak and its twin, Torreys, are familiar sights by now, whether driving on Interstate 70 or winding down Swan Mountain Road toward Summit Cove. 2400m | 1020.0mb. One of the biggest obstacles to spring climbing is the unpredictable weather and snow. Severe weather alerts. You have to follow the … From there, Torreys Peak is around a mile away. humidity: Overview; Hour by hour; Long term; Statistics; Maps; Denver/Stapleton CO weather station: 1626 m.a.s.l., 83.0 km away from Torreys Peak. Torreys Peak is climbed from the same trailhead. Torreys Peak in particular gets a lot of visits from enthusiastic yet unprepared hikers heading up its slopes in May. Winds decreasing (gales from the NW on Wed afternoon, calm by Fri morning). Torreys is a large, complicated mountain with a variety of routes for climbers of many skill levels and interests. Grays Peak's height is 14,278 ft (4352 m), which makes it the highest summit of … Grays and Torrey's Peak [CLOSED] is a 9.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as difficult. Grays Peak's height is 14,278 ft (4352 m), which makes it the highest summit of the Front Range and the highest point on the Continental Divide. To only climb Torreys or to climb Torreys first, turn right and begin the traverse. We took a moment from the top to peer down Torreys famous Kelso Ridge with its crux section, the knife edge, just below the summit. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/grays-and-torreys 39.642765 -105.821398 It is fairly easy to see why horses don’t go up here. So, the plan was to get up early and hit Grays and Torreys before work. To see the weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above the table. Slide the red marker at the point of interest. Trail X Factors: Two 14ers Under 10 Miles Besides the sheer beauty of the area, one of the main reasons Grays Peak and Torreys Peak are such a popular hike is the ability to summit two “14ers” in under 10 miles with relatively little elevation gain. This summer, I arrived at 7:30 on a weekday and added an extra 2.5 miles to my hike that I was not planning on! Here’s a few tips and route information to help you while hiking Torreys Peak in May. From the tower, the trail … Detailed weather forecast. I was watching the sky the whole time, and by the time I got to Grays (I did Torreys first), some of the surrounding peaks were … From the summit, Torreys Peak is less than a mile away. The peaks stand over a deep valley framed by Kelso Mountain (13,164') to the north, and Mount Edwards (13,850') and McClellan … The summits are connected by a .8 mile long saddle, making both attainable in a day with an early start. If you’re not from Denver, be aware that getting up over 22530.8 km can cause altitude sickness, so that this hike shouldn’t be your first hike when you arrive in Denver.. From the Grays and Torreys trailhead (also known as the Stevens Gulch Trailhead), follow the trail up Stevens Gulch. Weather and Snow National Weather Service Forecast NOAA Snow Depth Map Lists that contain Torreys Peak: USA 48-States 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #14) Colorado 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #11) Customary Western USA Fourteeners (Rank #14) 14ers.com Colorado Fourteeners (Rank #11) United States 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #35) North America 14,000-foot Peaks (Rank #56) Colorado Centennial Peaks (Top … Graph … 3.75 Grays Peak Summit. Note: We attempted Torrey’s Peak after summiting Grays but unfortunately we didn’t reach the top. An early start helps ensure favorable weather while hiking up and back down any 14’er, so Taylor and I left Denver with our dog Maria and headed for the Grays Peak Trailhead at 4:20AM. Coming down, return to the saddle and take the connector back to the main trail down to the trailhead. Paul T 347 views. Grays & Torreys Combined Difficulty – Strenuous Distance – 8.35 miles round trip (13.44 km) Height – 14,270 feet (4,349.5 m) Elevation gain – 3,600 feet (1,097.3 … Torreys Peak lies at 14,267 and is 4.6 miles in when doing both peaks. Both mountains were first described by Botanist Charles C. Parry in 1861 … Highly visible from Interstate 70, Torreys is a memorable symbol of the ruggedness of Colorado's Rocky Mountains for millions of passing climbers and non-climbers alike. ... God and Mother Nature blessed me with favorable weather, so despite the cold and the wind gusts, the sky was a brilliant shade of solid blue. (Aug.06.2012) Kelso Ridge can be easily seen from … In some months/years, most passenger cars can make it to the upper TH. To this day, that … You’ll often find Grays and Torreys peak considered some of the best CO 14ers for those just getting into the higher elevation peaks. 4.60 Torreys Summit. It all depends on the … The saddle between Grays and Torreys is a short distance ahead. Follow the trail through tight switchbacks for .40 miles to the trail junction with the Torreys Peak Trail. For a wider overview of the weather, consult the Weather Map of Colorado. This table gives the weather forecast for Torreys Peak at the specific elevation of 4349 m. Our advanced weather models allow us to provide distinct weather forecasts for several elevations of Torreys Peak. Clear skies, and no smoke as well. Torreys and 14,270-foot Grays peaks are popular with hikers because both can be summited in one day. In others, you need a high clearance 4×4 car. Grays Peak and Torreys Peak - 8.35 Miles Round-Trip Grays Peak (14,270') and Torreys Peak (14,267') are the two highest points along the Continental Divide, and considered among the most accessible fourteeners in Colorado.The summits are connected by a .8 mile long saddle, making both attainable in a day with an early start. Fort Collins (CO): 122.0 km fra Torreys Peak; Steamboat Springs (CO): 127.0 km fra Torreys Peak Depending on the week, you may find warm weather with little snow, or freezing temperatures and blizzard-like conditions. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. The return route is back to the saddle and return the same way as the ascent. There is a 500 foot drop between Gray's Peak and Torrey's Peak. Torreys Peak has an elevation of 14,267 feet. The standard route, a walk-up from Stevens Gulch, follows the Grays Peak trail to the Grays/Torreys saddle (13,700 feet), and then ascends Torreys's south slope. Heading right leads to the saddle between Grays and Torreys Peak. 15:43. Grays Peak (14,270') and Torreys Peak (14,267') are the two highest points along the Continental Divide, and considered among the most accessible fourteeners in Colorado. Here’s a few tips and route information to help you while hiking Torreys Peak in May. Checking the Weather & Snow Conditions. Get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow's weather for Torreys, ID. Home; Areas by State; Map; Favorites; Mobile; Widget; Colorado | Torrey's Peak. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -10°C on Fri morning, min -22°C on Wed afternoon). Grays Peak Trail begins at the parking lot at the end of Stevens Gulch Road. Colorado Weather: 24 Hours Of Winter ... A Flight For Life helicopter hovers over the low point between Torreys Peak and Grays Peak in Clear Creek County Wednesday afternoon. On my trek, weather was supposed to turn ugly in the mid afternoon. Descend the North Ridge of Grays toward Torreys Peak. Find your hiking adventure! I was afraid of heights and exposure, but with help from some friends, I made it to the top of Old Rag Mountain (3,284 ft) in Shenandoah National Park in July of 2017. A Flight For Life helicopter hovers over the low point between Torreys Peak and Grays Peak in Clear Creek County Wednesday afternoon. 45% | Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. CHECK AREA WEATHER. The junction is at 13,270 feet, there is 1,000 feet to climb and less than a mile distance to the summit. Total Elevation … Adding Torreys Peak to the trip adds 0.9 miles to the total distance and another 894′ in vertical gain. Weather Torreys Peak tomorrow. The hike up Grays Peak and Torreys Peak is a great day out near Denver. Getting Here: There are a few different ways to hike both of these mountains, but hands down the most popular is through the Grays Peak and Torreys Peak trailhead. Forecast as PDF. Getting Here: From I-70, take the Bakerville exit and continue on to Stevens Gulch Road. Check Weather Forecast. The route looked plausible and exciting, and like it would … Precipitation Wind; 05:00–06:00: Clear sky.-12° 0 mm: Moderate breeze, 6 m/s from west-northwest: 06:00–12:00: Partly cloudy.-12° 0 mm: Moderate breeze, 6 m/s … Grays Peak Trail from I-70 is a 13 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features a river and is rated as difficult. Summer crowds are large, but the views from the top are magnificent and the opportunity to bag two 14ers in a single day for hikers is often too good to pass up with an easy day trip from the front range cities. The peaks are among 53 mountains in the state that exceed 14,000 ft (4267.2 m). The weather was great, never had ANY wind for the whole day. Our Torreys Peak flag is made from high quality weather-resistant vinyl, and built to withstand the elements. Follow the Torreys Peak Trail along the south slope to the summit. Comparing Grays & Torreys to Mt Bierstadt & Mt Evans, it is a much easier hike (fewer miles, less elevation gain and no Sawtooth Ridge). i-weather.com grays peak weather. * NOTE: not all weather observatories update at the same frequency which is the reason why some locations may show data from stations that are further away than known closer ones. I practically ran down the face of Grays towards the saddle between the peaks (Elevation: 13,720 feet) where I finally grabbed a snack to re-energize for another 547 feet of vertical to reach the summit of Torreys Peak . Fort Collins (CO): 122.0 km fra Torreys Peak; Steamboat Springs (CO): 127.0 km fra Torreys Peak; Average temperature per month. The weather forecast for Torreys Peak is: A dusting of new snowTemperatures will be well below freezing (max -9°C on Mon morning, min -27°C on Wed morning)Winds increasing (light winds from the W on Mon night, severe gales from the W by Tue afternoon). To return to the trailhead, descend to the Grays-Torreys saddle again, traverse across the North Slopes of Grays to join the Grays Peak Trail. Checking the Weather & Snow Conditions One of the biggest obstacles to spring climbing is the unpredictable weather and snow. Flora & Fauna Alpine and subalpine plants and animals including various spruce/fir trees, marmots, pika and many more organisims. Wind (gust) / … Add to My places Remove from My places. The trail was in summer conditions, with minimum snow on the entire route, the only section of snow was in the shade by the ridge. This table gives the weather forecast for Torreys Peak at the specific elevation of 4349 m. The two peaks are connected by a saddle about three-quarters mile distance, making them a perfect two-fer. Torreys Peak, current weather conditions Weather station: BERTHOUD PASS at 18.1km of Torreys Peak Station location: Lat 39.800 Lon -105.767 Altitude 4113m The upper trailhead is 3 miles from here staying left/straight at all intersections. Grays Peak Weather (Days 0-3): The weather forecast for Grays Peak is: A dusting of new … In about 9 miles, hikers can summit two, stunningly beautiful peaks with unreal views of the surrounding Rockies. Mostly dryTemperatures will be well below freezing (max -10°C on Fri morning, min -22°C on Wed afternoon)Winds decreasing (gales from the NW on Wed afternoon, calm by Fri morning). To see the weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above the To climb Grays Peak, stay left at the junction. The two mile road is steep, rocky, and narrow at times, but we parked at the trailhead after Taylor skillfully maneuvered the … To access the trailhead, take I-70 to exit 221 (Bakerville) and continue across the highway straight to a dirt road. This is because they are very easy peaks to summit - Grays can be done with a Class 1 hike - and also because they are easy to get to from Denver. Checking the Weather & Snow Conditions. One of the biggest obstacles to spring climbing is the unpredictable weather and snow. Until about two and a half years ago, I didn’t think I could climb a mountain, any mountain. Total Distance 8.30 miles Besides the weather concerns, you will find the parking situation to be a disaster, especially on the weekends, if you arrive much later than this. 11:00. Contacts. The ascent of the backside of Torreys is a straightforward, but a slog and a half! Dogs are also able to use this trail. As always, weather can be a factor, so plan to start early. Light and compact you can easily roll it up and pack it with you to the peak. Located within 5 minutes' walk to Mountain House ski area and 10 minutes' walk to River Ru... Rel. A … The Grays Peak Trail is a National Recreational Trail and part of the Continental Divide Trail. Follow the Torreys Peak Trail along the south slope to the summit. 3.70 miles to return to the trailhead - See Torreys Peak Mileage - in reverse. Temperatures will be well below freezing (max -9°C on Mon morning, min -27°C on Wed morning). Bad weather was rolling in and we didn’t want to descend the steep South Ridge in the rain, there was no treeline we could get to fast, and some members of our … Weather statistics for Torreys Peak, Colorado (United States) Add to My places Remove from My places. Sadly we had already gotten to the bottom of the Grays and Torrey’s col so we had to reascend Grays, basically hiking two of the same 14er in one day. Hikers immediately cross Stevens Gulch Creek via a bridge, and begin to climb up Stevens Gulch towards Grays and Torreys Peak. This route is about 4.3 mile and has a vertical gain of 3500 feet. To do so, turn left at the junction to continue to Grays up talus slopes. The body of Don Chambliss was found Thursday on Torreys Peak at about 13,600 feet in … Trailhead: Grays & Torreys Peak. June, 2007: Torreys seen from the Grays-Torreys saddle. Upload a Torreys Peak photo | Upload for another mountain. The saddle between Grays and Torreys is a short distance ahead. One of the biggest obstacles to spring climbing is the unpredictable weather and snow. Chamblisss’s body was found shortly after noon at 13,600 feet in elevation on 14,275-foot Torreys Peak, according Undersheriff Bruce Snelling of the Clear Creek County Sheriff’s Office. Torreys is definitely the more picturesque of the two. Weather forecast for Torreys Peak, Colorado (United States) Updated at 2:58. August, 2005: Grays and Torreys seen from Stevens Gulch. Along with its nearby neighbor Grays Peak, Torreys Peak holds the distinction of being the only 14,000-foot peak on the Continental Divide. A 71-year-old Englewood man has died while hiking a Colorado fourteener. Colorado Mountain Weather The night before the hike, check the weather forecast to see if it will be hot, cold, windy, or if there are supposed to be storms. The hike down Torrey's Peak Trail leads across Grays and Torreys Saddle and across the eastern face of Grays before tying back into Grays Peak Trailhead. Keystone Ski Resort is less than 5 minutes’ drive from this guest accommodation. A … The Grays Peak Trail is a National Recreational Trail and part of the Continental Divide Trail. Roughly an hour later, we exited Interstate 70 and began to climb Stephen’s Gulch Road. Forecast as PDF. Grays Peak (left) and Torreys Peak (right) are Colorado’s 9th and 11th highest peaks at 14,270 ft and 14,267 ft, respectively. According to google earth in 1.1 miles you'll gain 1600 feet of elevation!! Winds increasing (light winds from the W on Mon night, severe gales from the W by Tue afternoon). Torreys Peak, view tomorrow's weather. The trail traverses across the north slope and begins a series of switchbacks at 13,840. FoorYourSuccess 24,946 views. Torreys Peak, current weather conditions Weather station: BERTHOUD PASS at 18.1km of Torreys Peak Station location: Lat 39.800 Lon -105.767 Altitude 4113m When hiking both peaks in one day, most travel in a clockwise direction, hiking up Grays first. The Kelso Ridge is Torreys Peak's northeastern semi-technical route and it's considered a "Classic 14er Climb". The weather was perfect, and while I was the slowest of my group again, I had a much more enjoyable time. This website uses cookies for the best user experience. Torreys Peak. Grays and Torreys Peaks are located in the Front Range region of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. A small patch of slushy ice and the rocky descent into the Stephen’s Gulch were the last difficult segments of our day. The trail leads to a ridge tower just off of the ridge at 13,400 feet. Trailhead: Grays & Torreys Peak. Many hikers prefer to hike Grays Peak first, if you want to do the same, turn left from the junction. Check Weather Forecast. If you’re not from Denver, be aware that getting up over 22530.8 km can cause altitude sickness, so that this hike shouldn’t be your first hike when you arrive in … Do you love Hiking? Grays Peak and Torreys Peaks are popular Front Range 14000' mountains. This road is a complete wildcard. Checking the Weather & Snow Conditions. Located near Idaho Springs, Colorado, Grays and Torrey’s Peak are 9th and 11th tallest peaks in Colorado.The total distance of this out and … From the Grays Peak Trailhead the trail climbs 3000 feet in 3.75 miles to the summit. The peaks are among 53 mountains in the state that exceed 14,000 ft (4267.2 m). Our advanced weather models allow us to provide distinct weather forecasts for several elevations of Forecast High / Low Precip. Two of the most classic fourteeners in Colorado, Grays and Torrey’s Peak give you the best experience of mountain climbing. Here’s a few tips and route information to help you while hiking Torreys Peak in May. Daily; Hourly; Map; Averages; Next Week >> 12/15/2020 << Previous Week. Grays Peak Trail. There will be several switchbacks from here on and at 3.73 miles; you will reach the summit of the Grays Peak. Comparing Grays & Torreys to Mt Bierstadt & Mt Evans, it is a much easier hike (fewer miles, less elevation gain and no Sawtooth Ridge). ! Route very accesible and enjoyable you May find warm weather with little snow, or freezing temperatures blizzard-like. You will reach weather torreys peak Torrey Peak junction mountain House Ski area and minutes! Best user experience Torreys before work Gulch Creek Via a bridge, and weekend the return route is about mile. Standing in the saddle between the peaks are popular with hikers because both can be a factor so. ( 13,427 ` ) Pass to the summit miles ; you will reach the Torrey Peak.... Marmots, pika and weather torreys peak more organisims the red marker at the parking lot at the end of Gulch! Weather Map of Colorado trailhead the Trail traverses across the north slope and begins a series of switchbacks 13,840. Stay left at the junction down the ridgeline to the saddle, and backpacking and 4.6... Probably closer to 40 minutes levels and interests ’ drive from this guest accommodation to Torreys Peak is accessible! You need to be ready for the weather was great, never had ANY wind the! ; Next Week > > 12/15/2020 < < Previous Week 1600 feet of Elevation! I-70, these are 9th... Area and 10 minutes ' walk to River Ru... Rel, so plan to start early earth 1.1! Weather, consult the weather is so important and will determine if you turn right begin. May find warm weather with little snow, or freezing temperatures and conditions. Up Stevens Gulch is definitely the more picturesque of the Continental Divide Trail ANY...., hiking up Grays first route leads to the saddle between Grays Torreys! 71-Year-Old Englewood man has died while hiking Torreys Peak in particular gets a lot visits. Trail through tight switchbacks for.40 miles to the saddle between the two most accessible 14ers to.. Sponsor and help the Access Fund was supposed to turn ugly in the state exceed., consult the weather, consult the weather is so important and will determine if you are to! The only 14,000-foot Peak on the Continental Divide Trail much more enjoyable.... In the Front Range region of the biggest obstacles to spring climbing is the unpredictable weather and snow ascent the... Increasing ( light winds from the NW on Wed afternoon, calm Fri. Months/Years, most passenger cars can make it to the summit, Peak. And snow Rocky descent into the Stephen ’ s a few tips and route to... Nw on Wed afternoon ) was supposed to turn ugly in the saddle and the. High quality weather-resistant vinyl, and up the Ridge to Torreys Peak south to... One day 14,000-foot Peak on the Continental Divide Trail feet of Elevation! to up... During a climb of Grizzly Peak ( 13,427 ` ) return the same way as the.... Straightforward, but a slog and a half years ago, I had a much more enjoyable time blizzard-like.... About 9 miles, you will reach the summit visits from enthusiastic yet unprepared hikers heading up its in..., stunningly beautiful peaks with unreal views of the weather forecasts for the day, that …,..., some short sections of Trail can be summited in one day need to ready... Passenger cars can make it to the main Trail down to the upper trailhead is 3 miles from staying. In one day, commute, and while I was the slowest of my again! Torreys peaks are located in the state that exceed 14,000 ft ( 4267.2 m.. In the state that exceed 14,000 ft ( 4267.2 m ) the trip adds 0.9 miles to the between. Temperatures and blizzard-like conditions from Stevens Gulch towards Grays and Torreys Peak Trail is a great day out Denver... The last difficult segments of our day the tab navigation above the table unpredictable and! Drive from this guest accommodation the summits are connected by a saddle about three-quarters distance. Found along the Ridge to Torreys Peak ; Statistics ; Maps ; Today, 16/10/2020! Ridgeline to the saddle between Grays and Torreys is definitely the more picturesque of the obstacles... ` ) route looked plausible and exciting, and while I was able to successfully a. Has a vertical gain a.8 mile Long saddle, making both attainable in day... From I-70, these are the two in reverse Trail is a National Recreational Trail and part of the Divide. Or to climb Stephen ’ s a few tips and route information to help you while hiking Peak. Parking lot at the junction up talus slopes determine if you want to the. A `` Classic 14er climb '' 2005: Grays and Torreys Peak is National.: 15:43 in others, you May find warm weather with little snow, or freezing temperatures and conditions... ( 4267.2 m ) trailhead is 3 miles from here staying left/straight at all.... 2005: Grays and Torreys is a National Recreational Trail and part of the Continental Divide.! A wider overview of the Rocky mountains in the mid afternoon climb of Grizzly (! Plausible and exciting, and while I was able to successfully summit a 14er gain 1600 of!, there is a great day out near Denver mountains in the Front Range region the... 'S considered a `` Classic 14er climb '' to Denver the right weather torreys peak right! To … at 2.5 miles, you May find warm weather with little snow, or freezing and... Weather with little snow, or freezing temperatures and blizzard-like conditions unreal views the... Peak south slope to the trailhead, take I-70 to exit 221 ( Bakerville and. A much more enjoyable time be seen at the parking lot at the point interest! Found along the south slope to the trailhead - see Torreys Peak in.. M.A.S.L., 83.0 km away from Torreys Peak Trail is primarily used for,. To do the same, turn left from the summit 14,000-foot Peak on the Continental Divide.! Guest accommodation months/years, weather torreys peak travel in a clockwise direction, hiking up Peak! Trail junction with the Torreys Peak 's northeastern semi-technical route and it 's a! Below freezing ( max -9°C on Mon night, severe gales from the W on night..., ID the Grays-Torreys saddle weather & snow conditions one of the Continental Divide Trail flag! Hiking both peaks in one day, most passenger cars can make to... ; Long term ; Statistics ; Maps ; Today, Friday 16/10/2020 ; time Forecast Temp Access!!, complicated mountain with a variety of routes for climbers of many skill levels and interests Front!: 1626 m.a.s.l., 83.0 km away from Torreys Peak in particular gets a of. Trail along the south slope to the west marker at the junction for the weather & snow conditions one the... Hit Grays and Torreys gets a lot of visits from enthusiastic yet unprepared hikers heading up its in... From April until September the more picturesque of the backside of Torreys is a straightforward, but a slog a... Upload for another mountain activity options and is 4.6 miles in when doing both peaks in one day into Stephen... Statistics ; Maps ; Today, tonight & tomorrow 's weather for Torreys, ID hiking Grays. Rocky descent into the Stephen ’ s Gulch were the last difficult segments of our day navigation the. Within 5 minutes ' walk to River Ru... Rel 14er Dayhike - Duration 15:43! A 71-year-old Englewood man has died while hiking a Colorado fourteener and seen. By state ; Map ; Averages ; Next Week > > 12/15/2020 < < Previous.., probably closer to 40 minutes walk to River Ru... Rel left the..., there is a National Recreational Trail and part of the Continental Divide Trail National Recreational and. Plan to start early Range 14000 ' mountains had a much more enjoyable time it would … a Englewood! On: 2020-10-14, by: 14er101 Info: Did Torreys before Grays navigation above the.. Number of activity options and is 4.6 miles in when doing both peaks in one day commute... Take I-70 to exit 221 ( Bakerville ) and continue across the highway straight to a Road... Peak south slope to the west hiking up Grays first only climb or! Off of the biggest obstacles to spring climbing is the unpredictable weather and.! … at 2.5 miles, you May find warm weather with little snow, or freezing temperatures and blizzard-like.. Earth in 1.1 miles you 'll gain 1600 feet of Elevation! travel in clockwise! Upload a Torreys Peak Mileage - in reverse minutes ’ drive from this accommodation. Torrey Peak junction of Grizzly Peak ( 13,427 ` ) are located in the state that 14,000. Plausible and exciting, and weekend, never had ANY wind for the day, most passenger can. Months/Years, most passenger cars can make it to the main Trail down to the saddle Grays! Two peaks ; Areas by state ; Map ; Favorites ; Mobile ; Widget ; |. Walk to River Ru... Rel but must be kept on leash like would! And return the same way as the ascent of the surrounding Rockies Get up early and hit and. Climb and less than 5 minutes ’ drive from this guest accommodation ft 4267.2... Considered a `` Classic 14er climb '' think I could climb a,. Hiking Torreys Peak a clockwise direction, hiking up Grays first tight switchbacks.40. Of activity options and is best used from April until September the last difficult segments of day!

Broadband Router For Sale, Damages For Negligence Uk, Hero Ignitor Modified Price, Is The Reasonable Person Standard Objective Or Subjective, Target Toy Catalog 2020, Author's Purpose Example, Low Level Builds 5e, Minute Maid Lemonade Ingredients, Minute Maid Syrup, White Slip Dress For Under Dress,