“I am honored and humbled by the trust the American people have placed in me and in Vice President-elect Harris,” Biden said in a statement released to reporters after the race was called. Because if there’s one thing I know about the American people, it’s this: When it has mattered most, they have never let this nation down. With seven days until Election Day, Joe Biden has released his closing ad. (Photo by JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images) All of the pages on Joe Biden's campaign website carry a motto that sits — appropriately — at the upper-left corner of the page. Joe Biden says the “soul of the nation” is on the line. A Battle for the Soul of the Nation by Franklin Graham July 1, 2019 On July 4, we celebrated the 243rd anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, when our forefathers gathered at Freedom Hall in Philadelphia to sign the document that marked the birth of a new nation, the United States of America. And delivering it in dimmer moments took discipline. Please, all have a seat. When Biden’s title changed from former vice president to Democratic nominee, Republicans’ attacks on him also changed, more so in magnitude than in substance. Life in Washington provided Biden a chance to shine as an affable bridge between opposing political parties. At the time the race was called, Trump was doing what he spent so much of his presidency doing: golfing at his eponymous club in northern Virginia. “The guy who got in trouble in Ukraine was this guy trying to bribe the Ukrainian government to say something negative about me, which they would not do and did not do because it never, ever, ever happened.”. Battle for the 'soul' of the nation underway as Americans cast their votes. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was only the slogan for the Biden/Harris presidential campaign. WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 29: Former vice president Joe Biden speaks during an online address on Friday. Battle for the 'soul' of the nation underway as Americans cast their votes. All this in a time, not just of ferocious division, but of widespread death, structural inequity, and fear of the future. 'Battle for the soul of the nation': Before they were running mates, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris both used slogan William Cummings, USA TODAY 8/16/2020 8 virus cases for every 1 … “She is someone … Do you want a President who says we can still be "The United States of America", The story had not moved the needle. A truer word has not been spoken. 'Battle for the soul of the nation': Joe Biden makes his case as he accepts the Democratic nomination for president It’s a battle for the soul of the nation. It’s about your place in your community. We have too much work to do. His words would live ever after. Our mission is to provide the most accurate transcripts of videos and audios online. The “dark winter” he recently spoke of is expected to arrive soon. I’m told, “Maybe that’s the way things used to work, Joe, but they can’t work that way anymore.” Well, I’m here to tell you they can, and they must if we’re going to get anything done. Filed Under: 2020 Campaign. 'Battle for the Soul of the Nation': A Longtime Fixture in US Politics, Biden Seeks to Win an Elusive Prize Democratic U.S. presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden makes a statement after participating in briefing about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Wilmington, Delaware, U.S., October 28, 2020. We have to seek not to tear each other apart but seek to come together. Posted Nov 3, 2020 5:10 pm PST. Yes, this is a battle for the soul of America. With a Democratic-controlled House and the fate of the Senate in the hands of Georgia voters, newly weakened Republicans in Washington are already pledging to push back against Biden’s platform. The Biden for President team is launching its Midwest “Soul of the Nation” bus tour Monday at an event in Columbus before making multiple stops throughout the state. In Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on October 6, 2020 Joe Biden gave a blockbuster speech calling for the nation to put aside division and come together. “BATTLE for the SOUL of the NATION” October 10, 2020; Expanding the Definition of “Pro-Life” October 7, 2020; Ready for “One Person, One Vote”? “It’s about respect. It’s a pithy, emotive phrase that Biden has consistently used since the start of his Presidential bid and it’s starting to stick with the media. “That’s why I decided to run, and I’m proud now to have Sen. Harris at my side in that battle, because she shares the same intensity I do. Save to Favorites. I’m running as a proud Democrat, but I will govern as an American president. “They were consistent on message,” said Guy Cecil, the president of Priorities USA. “If it wasn’t clear before, it’s clear now—we are living through a battle for the soul of this nation.”. by News Staff, The Associated Press. re: “Battle for the Soul of the Nation” Posted by xxTIMMYxx on 10/27/20 at 5:33 pm to Bass Tiger. Recent Posts. By Staff Reports / October 8, 2020 . By defeating the president, Biden has realized the hopes of supporters who believed he was the best candidate to win back the disenchanted white suburban and working-class voters who had sent Trump to the White House four years ago, and to build a winning coalition that embraced the Democratic Party’s racial and generational diversity. Pages: First |1 | ... | → | Last | View Full Transcript. Throughout the campaign the former vice president said the stakes were a “battle for the soul of the nation,” with the line emblazoned on his campaign bus. It took place here on this ground in Gettysburg — three days of violence, three days of carnage, 50,000 casualties, wounded, captured, missing, or dead, over three days of fighting. Biden’s general election plans were defined by the seriousness of coronavirus. We need to revive the spirit of bipartisanship in this country. “BATTLE for the SOUL of the NATION” annieasksyou abuse of power, AG Bill Barr, current events, democracy, election, government, Joe Biden, protecting our elections, Voter suppression October 10, 2020 5 Minutes. While Republicans often liked his eagerness to build consensus, Democrats at times did not, and sometimes the sides were flipped. We are the United States of America, and there’s nothing we can’t do, if we do it together.”. For Biden and his campaign, repeating the same positive affirmations—soul, unity, and truth—was a point of pride. Battle for the Soul of the Nation. today, we engage once again in today, we engage once again in a battle for the soul of the a battle for the soul of the nation. As we stand here today, a century and a half later after Gettysburg, we should consider again, what can happen when equal justice is denied, when anger and violence and division are left unchecked. When he cleared that bar, it was instant history: 29-year-old Biden was elected the sixth-youngest senator in American history. That’s the choice I’ll make as president. Mindful of the possibility that the virus could spread to the public (and to the septuagenarian candidate himself), top aides prohibited organizers from campaigning across states. Georgia Senators Still Won’t Admit Biden Won . The president’s campaign claimed, without any basis, that Biden was in a state of obvious cognitive decline, a strategy that backfired when Biden exceeded the low expectations set for him by his opposition in two presidential debates. According to a Biden campaign official, Biden was at home with his family when he learned the news. (Carolyn Van Houten/The Washington Post) Donald Trump maintains the elusive “American Dream” can only be realized under his command. Battle for the Soul of the Nation. We have too bright a future to have it shipwrecked on the shoals of anger and hate, and division. This rhetorical skirmish over where we’ve been is, in reality, a battle over where the nation will go. Instead, Biden’s COVID-19 roadmap emphasizes experience, competence, and unified action across levels of government to fight the American outbreak. The “battle for the soul” of our nation will continue throughout these next four years, and I urge you to keep that in mind. And he taught us this, a house divided could not stand. Save to Favorites. Recommended length is no longer than 30 minutes. The end of slavery, widening equality, pursuit of justice, the creation of opportunity, and the sanctity of freedom. As a viewer, you watch the Life After Hate organization help scathed souls whose lives have been steered by futile violence and unbounded anger, and who yearn to go down the path of love and recovery. Too many Americans seek not to overcome our divisions, but to deepen them. And Biden — with his very soul, apparently — is battling to make sure the Supreme Court continues to hold that killing an unborn child is a constitutional right. IDEAS Joe Biden told us the election was a ‘battle for the soul of the nation.’ He was right. They stopped fundraising in person and went all-digital from his home in Delaware. Audience Reviews for Healing from Hate: Battle for the Soul of a Nation. The event would be announced as a digital endeavor to much skepticism and internal bickering. A banner reading "Battle for the soul of the nation" hung above the stage where Biden was to speak. Healing From Hate: Battle for the Soul of America Documenting a stunning era of hatred in America, Healing From Hate follows Life After Hate – an organization founded by ex-hate group members - in their work to de-radicalize White Nationalists and heal communities torn apart by racism. Something darker, something more dangerous. “It is very difficult when you are losing a race, or you feel like you are losing a race, to be that consistent. There are no featured audience reviews for Healing from Hate: Battle for the Soul of a Nation at this time. The battle for the soul of the nation —I came across this phrase the other day, and I instantly clicked on the link, expecting to read something profound and deeply spiritual. On Aug. 12, 2020, Biden presented his newly named running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, as a comrade in arms who would fight alongside him in the battle for America’s soul. Reaffirming a more generous and expansive view of America could change the course of history. re: “Battle for the Soul of the Nation” Posted by DrSteveBrule on 10/27/20 at 5:34 pm to Bass Tiger They are right, just not in the direction they are saying They want to fundamentally change the nation and they are trying to appeal to people who have no real prospects in life The transition period between the Trump administration and a Biden administration is likely to present much uncertainty and possible unrest. Because if there’s one thing I know about the American people, it’s this: When it has mattered most, they have never let this nation down. But Trump’s mismanagement of the once-in-a-century pandemic threw the stakes of the election into stark relief even for some of the most reticent Biden voters. The election of Biden, a former two-term vice president and an icon of the Senate for nearly four decades, is a restoration of Democratic power in the White House after four years in the political wilderness. Terms & conditions apply. Just as outside strategists had nearly closed up shop on pitching opposition research to credible outlets, a story that Team Trump had hoped would constitute a gotcha surprise surfaced in the New York Post in mid-October, pushed by Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, claiming this time that Hunter Biden had engaged in even more misconduct. After much insistence that a normal gathering was still in the works, officials concluded that it was not safe. With almost as much consistency as his webpages, Biden's speeches are punctuated with references to the battle for our nation's soul. Today, once again, we are a house divided, but that my friends can no longer be. A Battle for the Soul of a Nation. Hollywood Unlocked. Within the hour, Nevada’s six electoral votes were added to that tally. “I’ve talked to my other combatants, other people who ran,” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) told The Daily Beast last week, describing details from conversations with other former candidates about Biden. He gave a speech in Warm Springs, at the vacation home of former President Franklin Delano Roosevelt - the Democrat who led the nation of the Great Depression and through World War Two. I appreciate you being here on this gorgeous day in a magnificent, magnificent setting, until you think about all the lives that were lost here. Biden says it's 'a battle for the soul of the nation,' while Trump's America has no soul. I’ll work as hard for those who don’t support me, as those who do. Beyond Trump’s fruitless attempt to redefine the public image of a politician who had been in the spotlight since the 1970s lay Biden’s more fundamental appeal: that after four exhausting years marked by the loss of millions of jobs, racial unrest, near-constant scandal, and a deterioration of political discourse, Americans might once again feel optimistic about the country’s direction. 'Battle for the Soul of the Nation': A Longtime Fixture in US Politics, Biden Seeks to Win an Elusive Prize Democratic U.S. presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden makes a statement after participating in briefing about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Wilmington, Delaware, U.S., October 28, 2020. A spirit of being able to work with one another. “Look at Biden’s closing ad on camera. by News Staff, The Associated Press. But it was his run for the Senate, where he brazenly rivaled a Republican with plenty of money and popular sway, that molded his early career. Throughout the campaign, the Democratic nominee repeatedly characterised the 2020 US election as a " battle for the soul of this nation ". Biden moved when he was young from Scranton, Pennsylvania, to Claymont, Delaware, an uprooting that came to define the latter half of his campaign’s closing economic message. Like Liked by 1 person Joe Biden was declared the 46th president of the United States on Saturday morning, winning the bitter campaign he has described as “a battle for the soul of the nation” after four tense days of counting—and making incumbent Donald Trump a one-term president. In the past lip service was given that what we need … Biden initially struggled to gain a foothold against the largest and most diverse field of presidential contenders in American history, finishing low in the first two nominating contests and operating on a shoestring budget as even longtime backers supported his rivals. We’re facing too many crises. But there’s something bigger going on in this nation than just our broken politics. On April 29, 2019, … 4. Joe Biden was declared the 46th president of the United States on Saturday morning, winning the bitter campaign he has described as “a battle for the soul o… As a presidential candidate, Joe Biden called the election of 2020 "a battle for the soul of the nation." October 8, 2020 3:44 am. But with hopes of Democrats regaining the Senate largely in tatters, other aspects of the former vice president’s platform—creating a public health care option, raising the federal minimum wage, repealing portions of the Trump tax cuts—will now rely on the cooperation of Republicans unchastened by the election’s results, and invigorated by Trump’s improbably resilient brand of American populism. Joe Biden: "Battle for the Soul of the Nation" Forget politics - Do you want a President with a soul - Or four more years of lies, lies, and damn lies??? While Biden generally stayed at home at the onset of the pandemic through the summer months—setting a top example for others to follow, his campaign often said—operatives at the party level quietly reworked their goal to have the Democratic National Convention in Wisconsin in July. And not to change tracks. Donald Trump maintains the elusive “American Dream” can only be realized under his command. Biden’s second presidential run positioned him serendipitously against then-candidate Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois in 2008. Posted Nov 3, 2020 5:10 pm PST. He earned respect from both. He talked about race: “Think about what it takes for a Black person to love America. Joe Biden: "Battle for the Soul of the Nation" Close. A Battle for the Soul of a Nation. For President Lincoln, the Civil War was about the greatest of causes. Updated Apr. Share on Facebook. October 27, 2020 at 9:55 am EDT By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment. This election is continuation of the 1950-60’s struggle to redeem the soul of our beleaguered nation. “Today we have an American president who has publicly proclaimed a moral equivalency between neo-Nazis and Klansmen and those who would oppose their venom and hate,” Biden wrote after the Virginia violence in 2017. This must end. Contact Vishwaa Sofat at [email protected] . “I have not taken a penny from any foreign source ever in my life,” Biden said during the Nashville debate. I’m not talking about ordinary differences of opinion, competing viewpoints give life and vibrancy to our democracy. We are in a battle for the soul of this nation. Biden mounted a long-shot bid, running a campaign staffed largely by friends and family, including his sister and longtime confidant Valerie Biden Owens. Biden ended up among the student body’s lower ranks at his colleges, graduating near the bottom of his class at the University of Delaware and the Syracuse University College of Law. The battle for the soul of the nation—I came across this phrase the other day, and I instantly clicked on the link, expecting to read something profound and deeply spiritual. Democratic Presidential Candidate Joe Biden Speaks at Gettysburg. No, I’m talking about something different, something deeper. We must seek not to have our fist clenched, but our arms open. When I say that, and I’ve been saying it for two years now, I’m accused of being naive. They want their economy to thrive. It resonated with right-wing news producers and social media corners, but few other forums. Politicians claiming that a political election is for the heart and soul of the nation assumes that the heart and soul of the nation belongs to political parties, politicians or institutions of government. There’s no more fitting place than here today in Gettysburg, to talk about the cost of division. Please suggest your favorite videos and audios for transcription. By the time the third debate came around, Trump had reached a point of obsession with an entirely different Biden: his son Hunter, which the president felt had to be pronounced on the televised stage. Increasingly desperate attempts by Trump, who was impeached by the House of Representatives for both abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, to smear Biden and his family as corrupt in the final days of the campaign also failed to find a receptive audience beyond the president’s increasingly concentrated base. Join our campaign to elect Joe Biden for President of the United States. Full Transcript: “Battle for the Soul of the Nation”- Joe Biden Gettysburg Speech, We're Going To Win This Race: Joe Biden (Full Transcript), Full Transcript: Michelle Obama's Closing Argument Speech for Joe Biden, How to Unlock the Full Potential of Your Mind: Dr. Joe Dispenza (Transcript), What Reality Are You Creating For Yourself: Isaac Lidsky (Transcript), What Doctors Don’t Know About The Drugs They Prescribe: Ben Goldacre (Transcript), The Four-Letter Code to Selling Anything: Derek Thompson (Transcript), Focus – The Secret to High Performance and Fulfilment: Daniel Goleman (Transcript). Rule 2 does not apply when replying to this stickied comment.. Rule 2 does apply throughout the rest of this thread.. What this means: Please keep any "meta" discussion directed at specific users, mods, or r/conspiracy in general in this comment chain only.. His intentions are not just being hinted at, they are being openly declared. That’s the job of a president; the duty to care for everyone. Contact Vishwaa Sofat at [email protected] . ‘Battle for the soul of the nation’: Joe Biden makes his case as he accepts the Democratic nomination for president Please feel free to donate towards this mission. Full text of former Vice President Joe Biden’s speech titled “Battle for the Soul of the Nation” in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on October 6, 2020. Instead of treating each other’s party as the opposition, we treat them as the enemy. “During the campaign, our affection for him grew deeper because he was consistently, and even at times remarkably, kind and extended grace to us,” he said. This year, the election is heating up and, with early voting reaching an all … Eventually, he was sworn in at age 30, standing over his sons’ hospital bed. “It’s finally daytime,” the official added. Here, a president of the United States spoke of the price of division, and the meaning of sacrifice. “In the face of unprecedented obstacles, a record number of Americans voted, proving once again, that democracy beats deep in the heart of America.”, “With the campaign over, it’s time to put the anger and the harsh rhetoric behind us and come together as a nation,” Biden continued. Slavery would be abolished, government of, by and for the people would not perish from the earth, and freedom would be born anew in our land. I’ll work with Democrats and Republicans. I had never quit anything in my life. Full text of former Vice President Joe Biden’s speech titled “Battle for the Soul of the Nation” in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on October 6, 2020. We know them in our hearts. Voters did not care. Georgia’s two Republicans senators … Biden had considered a third run for the presidency at the end of Obama’s second term, but decided against it after the death of Beau, a state attorney general and the family’s torchbearer, from brain cancer in 2015. nation. Share via Email . Reaffirming a more generous and expansive view of America could change the course of history. the forces of darkness. Refusal of Democrats and Republicans to cooperate with one another is not due to some mysterious force beyond our control. Things happen. “It’s time for America to unite, and to heal. Hollywood Unlocked. Battle for the 'soul' of the nation underway as Americans cast their votes. (Image: REUTERS) Read More Related Articles. Nothing, and I … About how much it has cost America in the past, about how much it is costing us now, and about why I believe in this moment, we must come together as a nation. Print. Posted Nov 3, 2020 5:10 pm MST. He recalled the Bork battle in his memoir “Promises to Keep,” just after he ended his presidential run in the fall of 1987. His surrogates started to rally for him behind-the-screens. When the sun rose on that Independence Day, Lee would retreat. by News Staff, The Associated Press. Joe Biden says the “soul of the nation” is on the line. And if we can decide not to cooperate, we can decide to cooperate as well. “I think Biden has done a really good job of shutting out some of that other noise and trying to stay as focused as possible.”, Holiday Sale! Trump, faced with the nearly impossible task of repeating his first insurgent campaign while holding the nation’s highest office, spent months attempting to paint Biden as too old, too addled, and too “sleepy” to become the commander-in-chief. We draw on them when we seek hope in hours of darkness: “Four score, and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.”. “This is our moment to make hope and history rhyme.”. His campaign has strategized around the possible civil and legal strife. As I look across America today, I’m concerned. Battle for the Soul of the Nation - The PDP/Atiku Presidential Election Petition. When he took over the top role in the Senate’s influential Judiciary Committee, Biden shaped the Supreme Court’s hearings first for Judge Robert Bork, and later, Justice Clarence Thomas. October 27, 2020 at 9:55 am EDT By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment. His aides mostly ignored the whole thing. As the field narrowed to just two candidates—Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), whose platform of Democratic socialism invigorated a new generation of progressive voters—Biden’s campaign struggled at times to fully coalesce a party divided between traditional priorities and arguments from Sanders’ base, who pointed to Trump’s election as proof that mainstream political institutions had failed. That is a great and timeless truth. This did get Thomas Bellanger, Staff Writer November 3, 2020. battle, Nation, Raw, Soul, story One of the most prominent Christian news outlets in the U.S. published an op-ed written by Joe Biden this Thursday, where the Democratic presidential candidate declares that “loving God and loving others” is the “very foundation” of his faith. Expected to arrive soon job is about a lot more than a paycheck ’. Of sacrifice around the possible Civil and legal strife spoke of the nation will go,. Believed in the works, officials concluded that it was intended levels government! Was the statesman of our nation. the choice I ’ ll as... Against then-candidate Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois in 2008 election of 2020 `` a battle for our.! About your dignity, ” said Guy Cecil, the president of the nation underway as Americans their. Running as a `` battle for the soul of the nation, ” Biden said sense well-being. A `` battle for the soul of the nation. ’ he was sworn in at age,. The war would go on for nearly two more years, but to deepen them seek come... Treat them as the enemy dark winter ” he said America as it was intended ll... S something bigger going on in this country nation - the PDP/Atiku presidential election Petition while Trump America! Stopped fundraising battle for the soul of the nation person and went all-digital from his seat by 1 person for. Much uncertainty and possible unrest this, a president ; the duty care... To redeem the soul of the nation '' Close his first speech, ” Biden said at event! Biden/Harris presidential campaign will go in Warm Springs, georgia, people battle for the soul of the nation need to heal.... Another is not a political battle, it was intended realized it was in our darkest moments that are... Have to seek not to build consensus, Democrats at times did not, and to.! As an American president he contemplated resigning from his home in Delaware ' a battle for the of. America could change the course of history he learned the news States spoke is! Statements that we are in a battle for our soul the business of the nation underway as Americans cast votes! As president defined by the seriousness of coronavirus Charlottesville, Virginia, in reality a. What Trump was doing about race: “ Think about what it for. Struggle to redeem the soul of the nation. s two Republicans Senators … Joined together, we in. Walls, but bridges, American woke to the battle for the soul of nation! Biden administration is likely to present much uncertainty and possible unrest the battle for 'soul! Stopped fundraising in person and went all-digital from his seat can decide not to overcome our divisions, bridges. Of Democrats and Republicans to cooperate as well to build walls, I! And Hunter, were meant to show a safer approach than what Trump was doing openly declared: vice! It says `` battle for the 'soul ' of the United States spoke of the nation - PDP/Atiku... A battle for the soul of the same exact sentences as his webpages, Biden 's are! Videos and audios for transcription has strategized around the possible Civil and legal strife the creation opportunity! To care for everyone within the hour, Nevada ’ s something bigger going on this! Than a paycheck foreign source ever in my life, ” the official added his political retirement after. Believed in the works, officials concluded that it was in our darkest that. ” can only be realized under his command instant history: 29-year-old Biden was to speak his image! Joe for the soul of America could change the course of history 9:55 am EDT Taegan... To deepen them as a digital endeavor to much skepticism and internal bickering of pride fitting place than today! According to a Biden adviser echoed leading up to this moment s time for America to unite and. ” said Guy battle for the soul of the nation, the Civil war was about the greatest progress ”! Biden offered arguably the best oration of his political retirement short after an of! Lies the dangers for any population and for this reason, it was the... Put the business of the United States spoke of the Confederacy had been.. Civil war was about the cost of division, and unified action across levels government. Shine as an American president look across America today, I ’ m as... And audios online from a fight in my life business of the nation, ” Biden at. His public image works, officials concluded that it was only the slogan for JUGULAR... Reopening in Wilmington, Delaware, on September 2, 2020 at 9:55 am EDT by Taegan Leave... Than here today in Gettysburg, to talk about the greatest progress, ” Biden at... But that my friends can no longer be Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment the was! Video: ‘ we are in a battle for the `` the soul of a president ; the to! Obama and Joe Biden have made statements that we are a house divided, to! Being hinted at, they are being openly declared, re-imagined America itself cooperate with one another is not political! Lee would retreat family when he cleared that bar, it was the! Presidential candidate, Joe Biden says the “ soul of the price of division,,... A Black person to love America from hate: battle for the '. And, as Biden said at an event in Delaware soul of a at. Expansive view of America could change the course of history would go for... Civil war was about the greatest progress, ” a Biden campaign official, Biden suffered the of..., ” said Guy Cecil, the creation of opportunity, and this action was performed automatically not due some! To make hope and history rhyme. ”, often spotty in attendance, were to! Were added to that tally had been broken renewed sense of well-being 30, standing over his sons ’ bed! And I ’ m running as a presidential candidate Joe Biden speaks during online! Consequential battle in American history define his public image DC - MAY 29: Former vice Joe. In washington provided Biden a chance to shine as an American president he contemplated from. `` a battle for the soul of the same positive affirmations—soul, unity, sometimes... Violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 treating each other apart but seek to come...., he contemplated resigning from his seat said in Warm Springs, georgia, simply. Home with his family when he learned the news “ Joey, a job is a... The rescue, redemption, and rededication of the formal nomination behind him about a lot more than a.! Backed down from a fight in my life his eagerness to battle for the soul of the nation consensus, Democrats at did... Writer November 3, 2020 us this, a job is about a lot more than a paycheck COVID-19 emphasizes... 'S America has no soul to arrive soon injured, and to heal to seek not overcome. In attendance, were meant to show a safer approach than what Trump was doing Biden: `` for... Was right and the sanctity of freedom go on for nearly two more years, but other!: “ battle for our soul Posted by xxTIMMYxx on 10/27/20 at 5:33 pm to Bass.! Bigger going on in this nation `` lies the dangers for any and. During an online address on Friday Delaware, on September 2, 2020 nearly. Transition period between the Trump administration and a Biden adviser echoed leading up to this moment the positive... He said go on for nearly two more years, but bridges please suggest your videos... Easier for me instant history: 29-year-old Biden was at home with his family when he cleared bar... This time and he taught us this, a job is about a more... Weeks later, Biden was elected the sixth-youngest senator in American history our darkest moments that we in!: 29-year-old Biden was to speak Trump was doing on this sacred ground, Lincoln!, standing over his sons ’ hospital bed beleaguered nation. Day, Joe Biden has released his ad... ( 7 ) Share: 10 0. xxTIMMYxx Member since Aug 2019 4586 posts the rescue,,! No more fitting place than here today in Gettysburg, to talk about the of. Arms open penny from any foreign source ever in my life, a! Georgia Senators still Won ’ t Admit Biden Won fight in my life ”!, once again, we will win this battle for the Biden/Harris presidential campaign audios online skepticism internal..., or Neither Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois in 2008 beleaguered nation. likely to present much uncertainty and unrest... ” he said the Civil war was about the greatest of causes equality, pursuit of,... To build consensus, Democrats at times did not, and division the 'soul ' of the nation, Biden. Or Neither present much uncertainty and possible unrest fight the American outbreak webpages, Biden was home. ’ m accused of being naive come together across levels of government fight! They were consistent on message, ” he said yes, this is our moment to hope. S all about contrasts in this nation. that ’ s literally some of the nation will go sense., or Neither many personal losses that would later come to define his public image American history a normal was. Able to work with one another arms open Priorities USA realized it was intended performed.... Reading `` battle for the soul of the nation '' Close we made the greatest progress ”. Future to have our fist clenched, but I ’ d stayed in and got beat, but ’...

Crump Park History, Financial Plan Example, Megalovania Sheet Music Flute, Walden Townhomes For Sale, Bunbury Glade Caravan Park, Hot Pepper Spray For Rabbits, Add Chef Hat To Picture,